Call for Proposals
The Belize Fund for a Sustainable Future (Belize Fund) has launched its 2023 Call for Proposals (CfP) under the Grants Award Program (GAP) 2023 grant cycle. The 2023 CfP is a two-step process in which a concept paper is to be submitted for acceptance before submitting a full proposal. Proposals should focus on coastal and marine areas of Belize but can also target terrestrial areas, provided that there is a direct nexus between the funding and coastal and marine outcomes in alignment with the Belize Fund’s thematic areas.
The Belize Fund for A Sustainable Future is a private, non-profit established to help facilitate and support scientific, conservation and climate change adaptation activities across Belize, focused on our coastal and marine resources. The Belize Fund supports activities that are aligned with the achievement of the conservation commitments of the Blue Bond Loan Agreement.
Targeted Thematic Areas (TA)
Project Concepts must address one or more of the following thematic areas below:
- Sustainable Fisheries (TA2) – to support fisheries management programs and initiatives that promote sustainable fishing and help rebuild depleted stocks.
- Climate Resilience (TA3) – building and strengthening the resilience of our ocean ecosystems to ensure a greater ability to adapt to and survive climate change impacts on our coastal and marine resources.
- Blue Business Innovation (TA4) – incubating and supporting the growth of the Blue Economy in Belize through innovative and sustainable Blue Businesses, including investment in fisheries, aquaculture, coastal tourism, renewable energy and maritime transport.
The Belize Fund invites the following entities to apply under the GAP, provided that they (i) are a registered entity; (ii) have existed and been operational in Belize for a minimum of one (1) year prior to submission of the application; and (iii) can demonstrate successful project and financial management.
Who can Apply
- Universities, colleges, and Schools;
- Private corporations or other companies;
- Local community associations and other community bodies; and
- Other appropriate local entities working toward the Vision, Mission, and Goals of the Belize Fund for a Sustainable Future (BFSF).
Applicants may apply for funding under any of the three (3) award categories:
- Small Grants – Awards up to BZ$50,000 NOT exceeding one year.
- Medium Grants- Awards over BZ$50,000 but less than BZ$150,000.00 NOT exceeding two years.
- Large Grants – Awards over BZ$150,000.00 NOT exceeding three years.
Eligible applicants are to submit a concept note to Belize Fund’s online Grants Application Platform by the 25th of August 2023. For more details on the application process, kindly visit our website at www.bfsf.bz or contact us for more information at: